Everything you need to know about our redesign and paywall
Welcome to the new Catholic Herald website. To coincide with the launch of the American edition of our weekly print magazine, the site has been redesigned, and now features more breaking news, sharp comment and expert analysis than ever before.
In planning this redesign, we wanted to maintain the smart, unfussy look of our old platform, while making the website easier to navigate. All of the articles from both our UK and our new US edition will now appear on the site. Previously only a handful of articles from each week’s magazine were published.
You will also notice that we have added a paywall. This is to ensure we can continue to bring you Catholic journalism of the highest quality.
The website’s entire content is now behind the paywall, with readers having 10 free reads per week until the end of 2018. This will allow you to get a feel for the new site, while also giving you a chance to make the most of our wide-ranging Catholic coverage. From January 2019 onwards, the number of free reads will be reduced.
How the paywall works
• All of our content is behind the paywall.
• Until the end of December 2018, users will be allowed 10 free reads per week before the paywall is activated.
• From January 2019, the number of free reads per week before the paywall is activated will be reduced.
• Print and digital package: full access to our website and archive, and the weekly print edition of the Catholic Herald.
• Digital only subscription: full access to our website and archive.
• Print only: receive a copy of the world’s finest Catholic publication sent direct to your home every week.
• UK prices: A yearly print only subscription costs from £90, with annual print and digital packages starting at £110. Magnificat is also available.
• US price: An annual print and digital subscription costs $120, with other annual and quarterly packages available.
• Subscriptions can be cancelled at any time.