A memorial service has been held at the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris after 129 people were killed and hundreds more injured in a series of attacks in the city on Friday night.
During the service prayers were offered for the dead while armed guards kept watch outside.
According to CNN, Cardinal Andre Vingt-Trois told the congregation that in the “face of blind barbarism there can be no crack in the foundations of our convictions”
France is marking three days of national mourning after Friday’s attacks on the city.
Pope Francis has described the terrorist attacks as being part of “a third world war”. Speaking on Saturday, the day after the attacks on the French capital, Pope Francis told the television station of the Italian bishops’ conference, TV2000 he was “shaken and pained” by what had unfolded.
Meanwhile, a French defence official says the country has launched a “massive” series of airstrikes on the ISIS group’s de facto capital in Syria, destroying a jihadi training camp and a munitions dump.
The ministry spokesman said on Sunday that the strikes on Raqqa involved 12 aircraft, including 10 fighter jets, and 20 bombs were dropped.
In separate developments, authorities have also named two more of the suicide bombers responsible for the Paris attacks.
A judicial source speaking on condition of anonymity because she wasn’t authorised to speak publicly said the 20-year-old Frenchman police identified as one of the three suicide bombers to strike at the Stade de France stadium was Bilal Hadfi.
A 31-year-old identified by police as the suicide bomber who detonated his explosive vest on Boulevard Voltaire in Paris was named as Brahim Abdeslam, the source said. Abdeslam is the older brother of 26-year-old Saleh Abdeslam, 26, who is currently the subject of an international manhunt.
A third suicide bomber, Ismael Mostefai, 29, had already been named by police, after being identified through remains found at the Bataclan music hall, another of the six separate attack sites across Paris and its suburbs.